Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Day 51

Today I continued working on my sword project.

I continued UVW unwrapping my sword.

Today I finished stitching together the hilt and it looks pretty neat.

I started off by grabbing the pieces of the hilt and stitching the edges together. I stitched most of the of the top part of the hilt together. And then the sides of the hilt I only stitched certain parts. And in the end it ended up looking kind of like a bow lol.

Here is the finished hilt of the sword.
Now I'm practically done with the UVW unwrapping and I think it's ready to be textured.


So now I needed to export my UV map. And I learned how to do this from the video. I went to the top, clicked Tools>Render UVW Template Then I selected my rendered settings and rendered it. I then saved the render as a .png file that I will later texture using some type of photo editing software. Preferably Photoshop. 

Today I learned how to export a UVW map into a .png file.

Tomorrow I will hopefully start texturing my sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment