Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Day 52

Today I continued more work on my sword.

I started texturing the sword today and this process is kinda of hard tbh.

I opened up my UVW map in photoshop.

When I first opened it up, you could barely see the lines for the UV map.

So I had to make a background. I chose to have a grey background and I just made a new layer, filled in the layer with grey, then put the layer under the UV Map layer

Now it looks like this:


This is way easier to see and read.

So I started off coloring the pieces of the sword using my sik photoshop skills.
I wanted the sword to be a brassy color so I looked up the color hex code for brass online and I got #b5a642

I then used this color and applied a gradient to the sword and I think it looks pretty neat.
Next up was working on the hilt. I wanted the hilt to be just a metal color like iron or something. So I found a nice looking silver and used it to color in my sword.
This is how the hilt looks

(I got rid of the background for this image because the hilt was blending in with the grey background and you couldn't see it lol)

Now next I had to move to the handle. I wanted the bottom of the pommel to be a brass color too and then the handle be brown.

This is what it looked like when it was finished.

And now I think I'm done my UV Map.

So I saved it then applied it to my sword inside of 3ds max by making a new material and making this .psd file, the bitmap for the material.

So now this is how my sword looks.

Today I learned how to texture a sword for the first time.

Tomorrow I will be working on my sword more I still have some stuff to do before it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment