Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May Evaluation

This month I worked on making a sword for a game.

I tried to use as little tutorials as possible as I could so that I could say it's truly mine and unique.

Although it took way longer that expected, it was a fun process.

Wesley gave me so many ideas and he helped me out a lot, so most of the sword design was because of him and I want to thank him for that.

This month I learned so many things. Either through trial and error or by looking it up on a separate video.

I learned how to box model a sword from scratch. I started with a small little box.

And got from this:

To this:

It was a long and hard journey but I eventually finished it.

I could say that my 3dsmax skills have improved a lot this month. I used bevels, extrudes, and other modifiers. And I have more experience in this program. 

I expected to finish the sword a bit earlier this month so that I could start a game in Unity, but guess not.

This month was very fun and I learned a lot.

Next month I will hopefully be starting a game in Unity and get something done because it is the last month of school... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment