Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Day 55

Today I finally finished my sword.

I worked on one more design of the sword.

Wesley also gave me the idea to add hieroglyphics on the blade because it would look cool. So that's exactly what I did.

I went on google images and went searching for a nice Egyptian hieroglyphic image.
And I found this one:

Image result for egyptian alphabet

So I put into photoshop. Now what I have to figure out what I should spell. I eventually came up with "Blessing of Cato" with the help of Wesley. So now I cut out the individual letters and moved them on the blade in a certain order spelling "Blessing of Cato". I then made sure the fit in the center and combined all the separate layers into one. I then did what I did with the other design and did and overlay with the setting "divide" to make it glow white.

This is how it looks now:
Now there's one thing I had left to do and was recommended by Mr. Bilesky. I add edges on the sword so that the sword doesn't look flat.
So what I did was follow along the lines from the UV layer and kind of trace an edge around the sword. Then what I did was overlay it on top of the main texture layer using the "color dodge" selection. But it looked too different. So I reduced the opacity to 34% and now it looks super clean.

This is how the finished UV map looks like:


And this is how the completely finished sword looks like:


I am now finally done my sword and it was a fun.

Today I learned more on how to use overlays and how they work so that you could do cool things with an image.

Tomorrow I will be writing my May Evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment